Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Delicious Broccoli Salad - yum, yum, yum ...

Delicious Broccoli Salad
*This is not my recipe and I do not take any credit for it, I found it while browsing Pinterest and thought I would share it here, you can find this recipe at momontimeout.com along with many more amazing recipes.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup light mayonnaise
  • ⅓ cup sugar
  • 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp celery seed
  • 2 heads of broccoli broken down into small florets
  • ¾ lb bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
  • ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1½ cups red seedless grapes, halved

Instructions
  1. Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, red wine vinegar, and celery seed in a small bowl. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Combine broccoli, bacon, toasted almonds, green onions, celery and grapes in a large serving dish.
  3. (To toast almonds, place on a large baking sheet and bake at 350F for 3-5 minutes stirring in between. Do not walk away! They will burn easily. The almonds are toasted when they turn light brown.)
  4. Toss the dressing with the rest of the salad ingredients and stir.
  5. Dressing can be added at the last minute if desired.

I don't know about you, but I never seem to get enough veggies in to my diet, so when I come across recipes like this I save them and try them out.  This one sounds so good, I can't wait to give it a try, I think my family is going to love this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment