Delicious Broccoli Salad
*This is not my recipe and I do not take any credit for it, I found it while browsing Pinterest and thought I would share it here, you can find this recipe at momontimeout.com along with many more amazing recipes.
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 2 heads of broccoli broken down into small florets
- ¾ lb bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1½ cups red seedless grapes, halved
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, red wine vinegar, and celery seed in a small bowl. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine broccoli, bacon, toasted almonds, green onions, celery and grapes in a large serving dish.
- (To toast almonds, place on a large baking sheet and bake at 350F for 3-5 minutes stirring in between. Do not walk away! They will burn easily. The almonds are toasted when they turn light brown.)
- Toss the dressing with the rest of the salad ingredients and stir.
- Dressing can be added at the last minute if desired.
I don't know about you, but I never seem to get enough veggies in to my diet, so when I come across recipes like this I save them and try them out. This one sounds so good, I can't wait to give it a try, I think my family is going to love this one.