Updates ... I suppose!
1. We moved from the Condo we were living in back in early 2019, we weren't expecting to move, but someone in our life made a move which meant the condo we were in had to be sold. It was very upsetting to have to move again.
2. Found a nice house, in a nice beach community and were approved for rental. It's small with 3 small bedrooms, 2 baths, and a kitchen/living room combination. What we love most is that we have a nice fenced in backyard for our puppy girls, they LOVE being able to go outside without a leash and just lay in the sun all day long.
3. My girl had moved in with us, but that didn't last long as she and her boyfriend were given a chance to rent a nice apartment in another beautiful beach community, so off she went. The only sad part is that she is about 40 minutes from us and I don't drive the freeways, so I don't see her often.
4. The hubs and I are finally "empty nesters" ... we LOVE it, I can't even imagine living with our kids now. It's great to see them, but living with your grown adult kids isn't easy on anyone.
5. Covid 19 aka Corona Virus hit the United States and has virtually shut us down (no thanks to Donald Trump). Nine months in to this and we have over 220,000 deaths, incredible numbers of those who have been sick with it, people losing jobs and companies have shut down, restaurants cannot seat people inside, it's been crazy. We wear face masks everywhere we go, we carry hand sanitizer and use it like it's going out of style. Even doctors offices have been doing zoom video appointments for non-emergencies to lessen the risk of becoming infected. It's been horrible, families are becoming homeless, marriages breaking up due to the stress involved, and suicides, depression and anxiety are up as well. Praying for things to get better, but I expect it will be a good while before we see a change. The only good thing to come from this mess is that the hubs and I have been picking up take-out once a week or so and going down to the bay to watch the boats come in and out while we eat, we even catch a great sunset sometimes.
6. November 3rd we will be voting for a new President. I have voted already and am hoping for a great change. God Help us all if Trump cheats and gets in again.
7. My Uncle Carl died, he fell and hit his head, he had a brain bleed and we suspect a stroke. He was my last surviving uncle, and was like a dad to me as my own dad died when I was a child. Life will never be the same without him, I miss him terribly.
8. I've had some medical struggles lately, my diabetes has been a bit hard to control, but part of that is my fault, I need to try harder with my diet and exercise. I also have Stage 3 Kidney Disease, but am hoping that if I can get that Diabetes under control the kidneys will not get worse anytime soon. I'm also having a rough go with my Triglycerides, they are much to high, so I'm taking meds for that as well.
9. Crafting and Card Making has been my sanity most days. I make tons of cards and I craft some other fun stuff once in awhile. My latest creation is a Halloween Decoration for my girl, its a Spell Book, kind of like the one from the movie Hocus Locus.
10. Not much else is new around here, I'll try to keep up here when I have more to say.
Thanks for reading this far, I hope you are well and safe and gosh darn it, go Vote.